In the modern business arena it’s essential to create and maintain a successful website but this alone can be an extremely daunting proposition for individuals and small businesses that have little or no access to programming, development or design experience.
This short article produced by online stepping stones helps define a linear website design process, which is currently the most popular way to manage all small and medium web development projects.
The normal linear design process has usually the following steps:
1. Decide upon the decision making team within your organisation to enable smooth communication.
2. Create a brief defining your requirements that can be used by potential design firms and developers.
3. Research your target market and estimate sales figures. Remember to always use accurate measurements and don’t over estimate.
4. Look at your services or products that you wish to sell and think about how you want to advertise individual items.
5. Research and analyze your direct competitors, look into how they are doing things and try to learn from their mistakes.
6. Analyze all the returned design proposals and ask the design firms or developers questions. It’s also important to ascertain how much it will cost for future enhancements as individuals that charge unreasonable hourly rates for enhancements should be avoided.
7. Create and draft your own text or employ a professional copywriter.
8. Set goals and define reasonable target deadlines
9. Choose your design firm or developer and get them to create initial prototypes within the context of your design brief, proposals and other information that has been gathered.
10. Your design will now normally be amended using feedback between the designers and the decision team that was established within step 1.
11. This process of amending explained in step 10 will continue until the decision team are happy with the work that has been produced.
12. Normally at this stage a completed layout or template will have been created. Your designers may have also defined a style guide that they will stick to while building the application; this may also be used as a guide for all your corporate branding.
13. Once all these stages have been completed the finished design can now be turned into web pages; developers will combine the completed design with your images, text, databases and other processes that were clearly identified within the design stage.
14. Your site will then be heavily tested by the developers until it works perfectly.
15. Finally your website will go live.
Thank you for reading this article and I hope it has helped. Please feel free to visit online stepping stones the provider of simple affordable web solutions for all your broadband, hosting, domain name registration and marketing needs.
Related Define Turnkey Website Articles