A little bit of hair fall every day is normal and is part of the growth cycle but when the hair loss becomes a little more than the usual, it might cause baldness. This can affect all – men, women and children. There are many hair loss treatments on the market today, but they do come with potential side effects, so are there any other options? There are many all-natural home remedies–some brand new elixirs, some from ancient cultures. While no home remedy is guaranteed to work, there is certainly no reason not to give one or more a try.
1. If you have started experiencing hair thinning or hair loss, you should make a conscious effort to free you hair care products from any kind of chemicals. Shampoos that contain elements such as cocamide DEA, ammonium laureth sulphate, sodium lauryl sulphate, etc. work in drying the hair and the scalp.
2. Rosemary opens the hair follicles, clearing them of debris and bacteria. Mix 3/4 tsp. of essential oil of rosemary with 3/4 tsp. of jojoba oil, massage it well into your scalp and cover your head with a shower cap. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 to 3 hours.
3. Honey and Aloe Vera shampoo: 2 tablespoons of good quality whiskey, 100 ml honey shampoo, 200 mg aloe vera pulp. Mix the three ingredients well. Keep the mixture in a dark place and let it sit for 6 months. Apply. In a week you will have beautiful shiny hair that is full of strength. For normal hair only. Do not use in dry or oily hair.
4. Various B vitamins such as Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 help in building the body’s red blood cells, and this helps in the better delivery of nutrients to the hair follicles. Foods that are rich in Vitamin B6 include bananas, brown rice, nuts, green vegetables, soya, nuts, etc. Vitamin B12 can be found in chicken, salt water vegetables, yogurt, etc. If you cannot get enough vitamins into your diet, you can think about getting supplements that have vitamins for thinning hair.
5. A blend of bay and lavender essential oils stimulates the scalp and helps hair health. Add six drops of each oil to four ounces of a warm carrier oil such as almond, soybean or sesame oil. Massage the mixture into the scalp and allow it to absorb for 20 minutes. Add three drops of bay essential oil to the shampoo you regularly uses and wash the hair with this shampoo.
6. Egg and mayonnaise cap: In a bowl, make a mixture of eggs and mayonnaise. Spread throughout your hair and wrap head in a towel. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash normally.
7. Aloe vera has been used for centuries to prevent hair loss, cleanse pores and balance your pH levels. Shampoo your hair and scalp with a blend of aloe vera gel, coconut milk and wheat germ.
8. Parsley leaves and sour orange infusion: Put some parsley sprigs or a few leaves of sour orange to boil in water for 15 minutes. Let them cool and rinse hair with either one of these infusions after shampoo.
9. Many modern herbalists are of the opinion that drinking stinging nettle tea can help in the reduction of hair loss. Tea made from stinging nettle, like green tea, fights the process of testosterone turning into DHT, and this works in keeping hair healthy and thick.
Author is an online medical researcher on hair loss treatment. Click read more on hair loss solutions, how to stop hair loss.